My mums a serious alcoholic and it breaks my heart to see her like this

When i was little i used to live with my grandma, grandad, mum and aunty. When i was five me, my mum and my dad moved to a new home. I only started to realise the problem my mum had when i was around six. i can remember when i used to have to go to bed at 6 and i wasnt allowed to get up even if i needed the toilet. Nearly every night my mum and dad argued and i could never sleep. my mum used to say goodnight to me with a vodka-breath and always staggered out of my room. this went on for 5 more years until the arguing got worse and worse till my dad was forced to move out.

Forums: 

Help I need advice :S

i haven't posted here in a while. By a while I mean last time I posted here I was 14...I am now 18 and a lot has changed but I need some Advice. So im with this guy we have known each other for 4 years we have dated three times and we have been in a relationship for 8 months. I love him to pieces and have had feelings for him for as long as I have known him. When we eventually got together I was over the moon. I am so so happy to be with him but something happened last night and I don't know if I should be worried.

Forums: 

Scared - is it silly?

Hi, This might sound silly and I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I'm scared that I'm going to turn into an alcoholic like my parents.  I'm scared that I'll use it as a coping method like self harm  and I'll get stuck and hurt people like my parents do and I really don't want to be like that...

Is it just me?

Tor xx

Forums: 

my dad is an alcoholic and i dont know how to cope anymore :'-(

Hey, i am 17 and live with my dad and mum. My dad has been very ill with crohns disease, along with other illnesses including alcoholism from before i was born. I spent my childhood in hospitals, pubs/bars and dealing with him at home. When he is sober he can be really lovely but when he is drunk he can be very aggressive. This may sound silly but I am scared of him when he is drunk. I`m really scared that he is going to die, but at the same time i hate him when hes drunk and wish i didnt have to deal with it.

Forums: 

cant cope anymore

hey, i  am new here and this is my first post. I am 17 and live with my mum and dad. My dad has been ill with crohns disease and other illnesses related to it from before i was born, he also struggles with alcoholism and has been sectioned inthe past. He's either normal, drunk, out drinking or ill in bed. We get on okay when  is sober, but he  get aggressive when drunk,  this really scares me which sounds really silly. I am really struggling with this at the minute i cant seem to focus in school i just cant  it all out of  mind.

Forums: 

Please Hear What I'm Not Saying

A Poem that I think I've posted here a while ago, but thought that it seems quite appropriate at the minute. It's by Charles C Finn;

Please Hear What I'm Not Saying

Don't know what to do about my alcoholic mum, please help?!

Hey, I'm new here, and need help...

Forums: 

I am fear and i invite in the light

Subscribe to RSS - scared